Initial Records number 3 is the Guilt 7 inch. This was really the only record from the first five that I was really familiar with. I'd originally picked it up around '93, and I assume that it was listed somewhere as "features members of Endpoint", so I quickly grabbed it and immediately loved it.It has been many years since I've really sat and listened to that Guilt 7 inch, but as soon as I gave it a spin for this project, I was floored. It all came rushing back to me on how much I loved these songs, and it was a blast to revisit it again. As I was picking up other records from the Initial catalog, I didn't hesitate to grab another version of this one.There are a lot of different variations listed on Discogs for this 7 inch, and I'm not sure how many of them I want to chase. I have the white vinyl with the blue cover... so do I need the white vinyl with the red cover? Plus there is a purple vinyl listed... but is that really just the dark red pressing? I don't know. The clear vinyl, on the other hand, was an easy decision.My two copies together.
Back in the day, this was really the only Guilt record that I listened to. I picked up the Synesthesia 10 inch as soon as that came out, but I did not like it very much at the time and kind of gave up on Guilt. In talking to Marcus during our conversation on this First Five project, he mentioned that I really needed to check out the band's album on Victory. I took him up on that and I've been loving it. Another record to chase for another day.



No comments:
Post a Comment