Monday, March 11, 2024

Test Press Of Fire

I'm not a big fan of live recordings. Sure I'll break out Kiss Alive or Black Sabbath Live Evil every now and then, and I'll grab the occasional live bootleg for the historical documentation of what songs some of the big metal bands were playing at that point in their career, but for hardcore bands... kind of pointless. Is there a single live hardcore record that people listen to on a regular basis? Fuck. I was at the last Have Heart show, and still, I have no interest in listening to the live album from it.
So when I was obsessing over the early 2000's in recent years, and picked up a couple of Fields Of Fire records, I noticed that they also had a live 7 inch. Hard pass. Zero interest. But then when I was at Wanna Hear It with Sandwell, and I saw a test press of the live record in the rack... well, now you have my attention... and for $3, get in my collection.
Nice special cover as a tribute to Sounds Of Nature from Christ On Parade, and number 4 out of 20.

2 comments:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Sick Of It All - Live In A Dive is an outstanding live record that I listen to frequently. It‘s of really good quality and the setlist is like a best of SOIA. I also own several Bad Brains and Ramones live recordings that I play on a regular basis. And like I wrote the other day, The Toy Dolls - Live in Tokyo is such a fun record. I also enjoy Good Clean Fun‘s - Live In Springfield LP.

I also really like live records, but I realize I’m probably not the norm.

Mike said...

Okay, I'll give you SOIA Live in a Dive. I don't listen to it often, but it is a good one.