Sunday, March 31, 2024

Newbury Power Trip

When I first heard the Manifest Decimation album from Power Trip back in 2013 it didn't do much for me. I think that I just had so much great new music that year, that I couldn't sit still long enough to appreciate it. So many other great records were taking up all of my attention. Power Trip finally clicked with me with their Nightmare Logic album in 2017, and even though that record was one of my favorites that year, I was still slow to go back and give Manifest Decimation another go.
Last year had me revisiting Nightmare Logic a bit, and I figured that it finally time to give Manifest Decimation another listen... and it was no surprise that the record hit me in the best way this time around. The record is pure crossover thrash, and I completely love that style, so I'm happy to be spinning this record even if it is ten years too late.
After listening to these songs a few time, I started my hunt for the vinyl. I wasn't too concerned with original pressings, and just wanted to pick one up for cheap. I found that Newbury Comics did an exclusive pressing, and the vinyl looked nice, so I opened a tab on my browser for the Newbury's store with the intent to buy it soon. That was probably about nine months ago. That open tab to buy the Power Trip record just sat there month after month, and I kept telling myself, "soon". When I saw Marcus post earlier this year about a couple of Newbury Comics exclusive pressings (coincidentally also for an album originally released in 2013), that was the push that I needed to finally just get it done.
Nice sticker for the Newbury exclusive. Rest in power, Riley Gale.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I got a colour pressing of this when it came out, but this version looks way nicer.