Saturday, March 02, 2024

The Title Fight You Forget

This is the last record that I picked up last year that was influenced from sharing songs with my friend Sarah. There are a few other bands that she turned me on to that I'd still like to pick up the record for... namely Life Of Agony's River Runs Red, and maybe the In Love There Is No Law album from Twitching Tongues. This record, however, is from a band that I never expected to like, Title Fight.
I was obviously familiar with Title Fight when Sarah sent me the song Loud And Clear to check out. The band had a lot of hype when they were around, and it seemed like everyone liked them, but they just never seemed interesting to me. I tried to get into both their Shed and Floral Green albums at the time because it seemed like they were everywhere... but no matter how much I tried, each time I just felt like they were kind of bland. Ten years later, I gave Title Fight another chance with the song that Sarah sent me... and surprise, I fucking loved what I heard. Looking back at 2012/2013, I was heavily into stuff like Mindset and those first two Turnstile records... stuff that had more of a HARDCORE sound... so I can understand why Title Fight didn't interest me at the time. Listening to the band in 2023/2024, after loving stuff that is more melodic like the first Anxious 7 inch, and heavily getting into bands like Seaweed, Title Fight made more sense to my ears these days and I could finally appreciate what they were doing.
I ended up listening to those songs from the early Title Fight EPs quite a bit the last six months, and when I saw the 7 inch for The Last Thing You Forget in the racks at Wanna Hear It, I was excited to grab it. I was hoping for a colored vinyl version, but after quickly checking Discogs, it looked like those records carry a price tag that I wasn't really ready to tackle at the time, so this inexpensive black vinyl third press from 2015 was good enough for me.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I am surprised to see this here. You have gone full wuss.

Mike said...

This is true. Dude, you need to get some hardcore records on my radar and save me.