Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Priest Revolution

When Sandwell was over from the UK, and I met him in Boston for the afternoon, he was kind enough to bring me a couple of gifts. The thing about me is that my personality is 50% records and 50% books, so Mark knows me well.
First up, Mark delivered me a book on the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. I've got a few books covering the NWOBHM, and the series of them from Martin Popoff, I've read a couple of times, so I'm happy to add one more to the shelf. It has been a few years since I've spent any time reading non-fiction books on music, but the next time the NWOBHM obsession kicks in, I'll be reaching for this one.
A few years ago, I was really thinking about starting to collect Judas Priest singles. I mean, I have an incomplete collection of Iron Maiden singles, so I might as well start to fuck around with Priest, right? I didn't get too far with that idea, and soon set the plan aside to focus on other things, but I was still excited that Mark brought me a copy of the Revolution single. The Angel Of Retribution album was released in 2005, and Revolution was the first single released from it. This was Halford's return to Priest, and to hear that scream at the beginning of the song at that time, it sent a chill down your spine. It was so good to have him back in the band. This was back in the days when vinyl was struggling to make a comeback, so of course the only option was a picture disc.

No comments: