Friday, February 09, 2024

Locked Inside Record Collecting

There was a time when I wanted every single variant for every single record that I bought. It was fun for a while, but I got burned out on that game as labels were pressing so many different versions and records were getting more an more expensive. I said "fuck it" and walked away. These days, it is rare for me to buy more than one copy of a record, but occasionally I'll get that collector itch and I'll do something dumb. That was the case with the Locked Inside 7 inch, because if I'm going to do something stupid, I might as well chase a record that has 12 different variants.

Last year I picked up three more copies of the Locked Inside record, bringing my total to seven. I posted a picture of the collection to Instagram because I was so happy with it, and someone brought it to the attention of the guy that runs Not Like You Records, and he mentioned that he had extras of a few that I was missing. We exchanged a few messages and struck a deal for me to buy three more versions.

First up is the purple vinyl version, limited to 54. I don't know if the photo really does this color justice, but man, this thing looks so good.
Another one that I was very happy to grab was the smoke colored vinyl. This one looks really nice as well, and apparently comes with different degrees of smoke... but yeah, this one is good and smokey. Limited to 47, and came with the word "smoke" written on the dust sleeve.
The last one that Mike from Not Like You offered me was a black vinyl version with the center labels getting hit with a blue stamp. He made sure to let me know that this was not a record release version, but I remember Marcus picking up a couple records like this from the label a few years ago.
Mosher dude on one side, and Locked Inside stamped on the other.
For someone that doesn't chase different record versions anymore, I somehow now have 10 copies of this.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Nicely done!!!
I hope their LP comes out this year... although I am hoping that there will be only one color of vinyl.