Monday, February 19, 2024

Moonkisser

When I first heard of of Moonkisser back in 2018, I was disappointed to discover that their 12 inch EP that was released earlier that year was already sold out. Only 100 were pressed on vinyl, and it was difficult to find one for sale at the time. A couple have popped up on Discogs over the years, and at decent price, but I never made a move for one. When I saw that Head2Wall Records was doing a limited reissue, with new cover art, I figured that it was time to finally grab one.
Moonkisser features a couple of guys from Over My Dead Body and Desperate Measures, but here they play a style that is more influenced by that 90's post hardcore sound. I've been reaching for stuff like Shift and Lincoln a lot recently, and Moonkisser fit right in there with that sound, so I'm glad to get this band back on my radar and in the rotation. I believe that the band have been working on a new record, so hopefully we see that soon because I'm ready for more.
I love the look of this record. Limited to 100 on this pink with clear and green splatter.

No comments: