Thursday, February 15, 2024

Black Radical Love

A couple of years ago, Triple B released a 7 inch from a band out of Boston by the name of Move... or Move BHC. That record come out in the fallout of dirty Trump politics and the height of the Black Lives Matter message. The songs were pissed off and in your face, and I was there for that level of anger and frustration. I don't think that I ever heard anyone else talk about this band, and I was starting to wonder if that 7 inch was going to be all that we saw from Move... so I was happy to see that Triple B was releasing an LP from them last year.
Move BHC very much identifies with BIPOC politics, and with Black Radical Love that is even more evident. The message is important and cannot be said often enough or loud enough, so I'm glad that bands like this exist and ask us to look at ourselves and challenge the powers that be... and musically this is good and hard as well.
Normally, I would be put of by another Triple B colored vinyl abomination, but with this record I think it works. It was supposed to be some kind pink A side with a white B side and a neon green splatter, but maybe it tried to do too much because the neon green appears to have been lost in the mix compared to the mock up in the Triple B store. Whatever. 350 pressed.

No comments: