Sunday, February 25, 2024

Wanna Hear Crumbsuckers

Sandwell was back in the US last October for his holiday in NYC (yes, I'm just posting about it four months later), and asked if I wanted to meet up with him in Boston for a day. I wasn't able to see him when he was here in 2022, so I was happy that I could make the trip to see him this time around. So he hopped on a bus, and I jumped in my car, and we both made the trip to Boston hang out, shop for some records, and get some good vegan food at Veggie Galaxy. Typically we just meet at the bus terminal in South Station and then jump on the subway to Harvard Square and visit the Armageddon Record Shop, but for this trip I really wanted to introduce him to Wanna Hear It Records... which is not on the subway line, so it meant that I was going to have to drive through Boston for the day. I'm not a big fan of driving through Boston these days, but for records I'll do it.
I had told myself that I needed to limit my spending and take it easy at the record store, but we are talking about Wanna Hear It, so that was going to be really fucking hard to stick to. I bought a lot more than I intended to, so obviously this is going to be spread out over a number of posts to cover this entire record haul. First up is the Life Of Dreams album from Crumbsuckers.
I've owned the Beast On My Back record from the Crumbsuckers for years, and while I do love that album, Life Of Dreams is really where it's at. Seeing it in the rack at the very start of our shopping trip, I knew that I was going to be in trouble with my self imposed spending limits for the day. The price was right, and I was not going to be able to pass up this classic. Doug Free, from Free Spirit and Rival Mob was working the counter at Wanna Hear It, and when I brought my stack of records up to pay, he told me that he had the original Sean Taggert artwork for this album cover framed on his wall. Very cool.
Great day hanging out in Boston with Mark, and a great excuse to get down for some record shopping. More posts to come.

No comments: