Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The Tempter

After a steady stream of cheap records earlier this year, I started making conscious decisions to buy records that would make a more serious impact on my collection. Records plucked from the dollar bin for unknown and forgotten hardcore bands is fun, but sooner or later it just gets to the point when I question what the fuck I'm doing. I'd added a couple heavy hitters over the recent months, and it pushed me to actually look at my Top Wants list for the year.
The first four Trouble albums are doom metal perfection. I own the vinyl for Run To The Light and the self titled record, but their first two were missing in my collection. The singer, Eric Wagner, died of covid complications a few years ago, and that loss pushed the first Trouble record near the top of my want list. It has taken me longer than I want to get my hands on one, but it was worth the wait because, other than a crushed corner on the cover, this thing is in fantastic condition. Colored vinyl was not that common when this album was released back in 1984, but Metal Blade nailed it when they originally had this pressed on white vinyl.
Ugh. This record is so heavy and Eric Wagner was a force on vocals. He was still touring and recording with his new band, The Skull, at the time of his passing. Such a tragic loss.

No comments: