Thursday, October 19, 2023

Bane Reunion

When Bane played their "last" show back in 2016, I couldn't get myself interested enough to make the trip to Massachusetts for it. When I saw the photos and videos after the show, and all of the old acquaintances that were there, I kind of regretted not going. When it was announced 7 years later that Bane were going to start playing shows again, I quickly jumped in to buy tickets for that reunion. My brother was on board for the show, and two of his boys wanted to be there as well. Kind of weird to be going to see a band with my nephews, when I'd first seen Bane before they were even born, but I was looking forward to it.
The show ended up being a few days before I was set to leave for holiday in the UK, and in an effort to do my best to avoid covid, I decided that my best move was to stay away from all the action at the front of the stage, and resign myself to the sidelines. Once Bane started their set, and I could see my brother and nephews launching themselves from the stage into the crowd, I regretted my decision.
As we were eating dinner before the show, my brother let me know that he had heard there was going to be some special edition vinyl at the show. I've never really collected Bane records, but if there was a special pressing for the reunion show, I wanted it. As we would come to learn in the days to come, while there were a couple of colored vinyl options that were available at the show, there were still 5 or 6 other versions that were available through multiple exclusive retailers. With that many different versions, for me, it just means that none of them are that special. I'll take the copy that I got at the show, but it isn't really a big deal at this point.
The packaging on this is really nice though. With the diecut gatefold cover, and the booklet attached to the inside cover, this a great looking edition.
I do like the bright pink vinyl for this.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

That’s definitely one of the better colorways. I really like the whole die-cut thing as well.