Monday, October 09, 2023

Envision Straight Edge

Envision are a straight edge band out of Florida, and they really jumped onto my radar when I found out that Lennon from Ecostrike plays in the band. I fucking love Ecostrike. Lennon isn't singing with this new band, and instead is on drums, but still, I needed to hear them. They released an EP last year, but by the time I discovered them, the record was already sold out... so as soon as I heard that preorders were up for their new album this year, I didn't hesitate.
Dude, I'm a sucker for young bands that are wearing X's when they play live and proudly have the words "straight edge" on their records. Even at my age, if a band comes hard with that message, they will get me every time. Envision deliver that whole 90's straight edge vibe... hell, they recorded a cover of Kingpin's Holding Tomorrow last year... so of course I'm down.
When I ordered the Burning Strong record from the label earlier this year, it was shipped in the cheapest box that provided minimal protection. That record arrived a bit warped, but I was able to fix it and didn't think much more about it. When From Within shipped the new Envision record and this one arrived damaged as well... now I'm gonna be hesitant to order from them again.
I contacted the label, and they were nice enough to send a replacement at no cost. Too bad they only had the black vinyl pressing available to send.

1 comment:

mcs said...

And did they send the replacement black vinyl copy in the same flimsy packaging?