Sunday, October 01, 2023

Best One Yet

Back in 2012, Marcus over at Endless Quest posted about his Black Flag colored vinyl collection. That shit looked so rad that I told myself that I wanted a piece of that action. I wasn't going to fool myself into thinking that I could match him record for record, but the colored vinyl looked so good that I need needed something on my shelf. I didn't want to make it look like he had any kind of influence on me, and lose credibility in the blogger world for being unoriginal, so I played the waiting game until all other blogs had folded and no one reads these things any more. Ten years later I can finally make my move. Look at me with some Black Flag colored vinyl!
I was listening to Slip It In a lot earlier this year. I'm not sure what it was, but I just kept returning to that record, and it kind of made me think that the time was right to make a big move. Everyone knows that clear versions of colored vinyl are superior to the solid options, so that was the way that I wanted to go here. Plus, the clear red was the first colored vinyl pressing for the record, so it just made sense.
I'll admit that the vinyl for both the green and the grey colors look good, but red is obviously where it is at.
Unpopular opinion, but there are times when I think that Loose Nut is my favorite Black Flag album. I mean, Damaged is probably the BEST, but for the one that I reach for the most, it very well may be Loose Nut. This record just hooks me. It is fun... it's got some bounce and it is a fun record to listen to. When I was grabbing Slip It In, and I saw the seller also had the colored vinyl for this one, yeah, I had to grab this one too.
See you in 2043 when I pick up My War and In My Head.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Good to see these. And I know what you mean about 'Loose Nut' These days I'll usually reach for that one or 'In My Head' first and foremost.