Friday, November 10, 2023

Red Rhythm

Back in 2015, I fucked up and without doing any research on pressing information, I bought the common black vinyl version of Rhythm Collision's second album, Now. It was an impulse decision and an amateur move, and Marcus didn't hesitate to call me out on it. At the time, Marcus had never heard Rhythm Collision, and it took him about 8 years to finally check the band out... and then quickly pick up some colored vinyl for cheap. When I was visiting him in the UK earlier this summer, he took the opportunity to finally set me straight with a colored vinyl pressing of my own.
Rhythm Collision are just a fun band. They play an uptempo and melodic brand of punk, but they still have plenty of grit to keep it interesting. Definitely a summertime band, and one of the few Dr. Strange bands that I listen to.
No doubt, the red vinyl is the color of choice for this album. Such a good look, and I'm glad that a great friend helped to correct my previous mistake.

No comments: