Sunday, November 26, 2023

Congregation Of Annihilation

Mike Howe had rejoined Metal Church in 2015, and released two great albums with the band before his untimely death in 2021. Metal Church has seen a few different singers over their long career and the Mike Howe albums are just as crucial to me as the original David Wayne ones. I figured that the loss of Howe was the end of the band, so I was surprise to hear that the band had a new singer and were releasing a new album. Initially I wanted nothing to with it. No thanks, I'm good.
After the album was released, I didn't want to be that guy that cuts a band off and doesn't give them a chance after a change. Kurdt Vanderhoof is still the guy writing all the music for Metal Church, so I decided to check a new song with an open mind, and goddamn, it was really good. Metal Church still delivers some great traditional metal, and after checking out the full album, I knew I had to pick one up.
Rat Pak has always done a great job with packaging for the recent Metal Church albums, and Congregation Of Annihilation is no exception.

No comments: