Sunday, June 03, 2018

Second Chances

I love Count Me Out, but they are one of those bands that I seem to always forget about. The early 00's was a weird time for me for Hardcore, and I don't spend a lot of time revisiting bands from that time period. No doubt, there were some great records released, but sometimes I forget about them when I start looking at the wave of bands at that time that just don't do much for me.

Count Me Out have always been one of the better bands for me from that era, but strangely, I've never bothered to chase and collect their vinyl. When I saw a flurry of activity on Instagram recently, of people posting some Count Me Out record cover that I'd never seen before, I sat up and started to pay attention.

Apparently, Count Me Out were playing a reunion show at the United Blood fest this year, and as a special release for the show, Indecision Records pressed up a few demo songs from their 110 album sessions.

I tracked one down on Discogs, and quickly grabbed it.

The packaging is pretty minimal, but that tri-fold cover is pretty bad ass. 250 pressed for this one-sided 7 inch.

It might be time to look into starting that Count Me Out collection.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

The packaging is a joke. I was really disappointed when I received my copy.