Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Dig A Pony

It took me until I was around 35 years old before I started getting interested in The Beatles. It was just a casual thing for a few years, basically just occasionally listening to the hits. To be honest, this listening style really annoys me...save the Greatest Hits bullshit for your parents...I've got to either be into the full albums, or I'm not really going to stick around. I figured that I'd draw a line in the sand, and I downloaded a copy of Let It Be. If this album didn't work for me, I was walking away from The Beatles.

The album certainly hit the spot for me, and it didn't take long before I was diving into the entire catalog...definitely leaning more heavily on those later albums. Still, while I was really liking The Beatles, it wasn't until these past couple years, that things have kicked up a notch, and now I'm fucking loving them. Honestly, I don't know how it happened, but those records from Rubber Soul to Let It Be give me charge, and I don't get tired of spinning them.

As I was making my way to the counter at the record store in Hanover, New Hampshire, I stopped to flip through one more bin of records. These were new additions to the store, and judging from the store's selections, I was expecting to strike out...then I saw this copy of Let It Be. I've added some of my favorite Beatles records to the collection this year, so I took the opportunity to add one more.

No comments: