Saturday, March 26, 2016

Like A Mother Fucker

I've kind of been obsessed with early punk lately...consuming a steady diet of late 70's/early 80's bands. As I was stuck in this musical time warp, I recalled a conversation that I'd had with Doug recently regarding The Heartbreakers.

I'd never heard of The Heartbreakers before...and while I'd heard the name Johnny Thunders tossed around here and there over the years, I guess I'd never cared enough to bother checking out who he was. Doug had recently discovered their 1977 album, L.A.M.F., and was raving about it, and given my current state of mind, I figured that I'd give it a shot as well.

I found the album on youtube, and two songs deep, I knew I was going to have a buy a copy. After putting the album in constant rotation for a couple of weeks, I knew that I was going to have to put up the cash for an original UK pressing on Track Record.

Discovering this 1977 gem, 38 years after it's initial release has made this one of my favorite finds of the year so far...and it's got me thinking...what else have I missed out on?

No comments: