Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Nineties Nevertheless

The Seven Inch September game over on Instagram this month brought back some interest in bands that I hadn't given a lot of thought to over the past few years, and I found myself chasing after a couple of surprises that I didn't know existed prior. After obsessing over $100 Metal records for most of the year, it was a breath of fresh air to find vinyl for $2 again.

For the Seven Inch September deal, I assigned a letter to each day, and for the letter N, I pulled out my Nevertheless 7 inch. Nevertheless were an underrated Hardcore band from the Boston area in the early 90's. They were influenced by the Ebullition/Downcast sound, and prior to playing in Ten Yard Fight, Chris Patterson played guitar for them. I'm convinced that no one remembers that this band ever existed, so I used my Instagram platform as a reminder how great this band was.

In the process of posting their 7 inch to Instagram, I ended up over at their discogs page, checking for any info on the band. While I was there, I noticed that there was a compilation listed in their discography. I wasn't aware that they had made it on any comps, so I clicked the link to check it out, and was surprised to find that they were included on the Emergency Broadcast System Vol. 4 comp...and it was a song that I'd never heard before. Bonus! Excited to find this hidden treasure, I didn't hesitate to grab a copy of this record. I'm not at all familiar with the other three bands on this comp, and they are pretty standard mid-90's fare, but really this comp is all about Nevertheless for me.

No comments: