Monday, June 19, 2023

Soul Control Record Release

I bought a couple copies of the Soul Control album Involution back in 2007 when it was released. I had those two copies of colored vinyl, and was certain that I didn't need any more... and then I saw Marcus post about the black vinyl version on his blog a few months ago, and I suddenly had a change of heart.
It seems that over the years, I had forgotten that the black vinyl for Involution was the more limited version that the band sold at their record release show. Marcus came through with a nice reminder of the details for that pressing and I immediately set out to see if Discogs had a copy available. I was a bit obsessed over this album a couple years back after rediscovering it, and I listened to it A LOT throughout 2021. I certainly wouldn't have been interested in the black vinyl if it had been the common pressing, but at only 100 pressed... well, it kind of made me want one.
Judging from my original post about this album in 2007, I was aware that the black vinyl was the record release pressing, and had a chance to buy one from the band on their myspace page, but apparently I was too busy trying to find the perfect song that would play on my homepage for my 12 followers, and I didn't want to mess around with this record at the time. I'd forgottan all about that detail... thanks for the memory, Blogger. That's okay, because buying it for $8 in 2023 is like time travelling, which is pretty cool too.

No comments: