Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Pushing Shit Back Into My Ass

Beyond were a hardcore band out of New York in the late 80's. They might not have been at the level of Youth Of Today or Judge, but their No Longer At Ease record could definitely hold its own against some of the bigger bands at the time. I loved that record, and think it still holds up incredibly well today. In the early 90's when I heard that Kevin Egan was fronting a new band, I was excited to check it out. While still hardcore, 1.6 Band was a different animal than Beyond. The lyrics were more cryptic and the music was doing different things, but I don't know if I've met an early 90's hardcore band that I didn't like, so I was down with what they were doing.
I was buying records in the early 90's, and bought both the Tongue Family Style 7 inch and their album from '92, but somehow I missed out on their second 7 inch the following year. The four songs from Pimpin' Ain't Easy were unknown to me until I bought the Broke Up discography CD in '95. 25+ years later and I'm finally picking up the vinyl for it.
These songs continue what 1.6 Band were doing from their first 7 inch and LP, and they give a nice slap on the ass.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Love the back cover on this one.