Monday, January 17, 2022

Metal Obsession

It has been years since I've paid much attention to eBay. However, I've recently found a seller that is slowly listing their collection of metal records that they had back in the 80's, and I can't help by check out what auctions they have ending each weekend. Their records are in fantastic condition, so I keep throwing out the occasional bid and winning.
Obsession were from New Haven, Connecticut, and managed to get themselves onto the second Metal Massacre compilation. That comp is loaded front to back with great songs, but their track, Shadows Of Steel is one of my favorites. That one song was the extent of my exposure to the band, until a few years ago when I finally downloaded the songs from the Marshall Law EP from '83. The four songs on that EP are so damn good, and exactly what I'm looking for when I'm in the mood for some early 80's American Metal. When I saw I saw that my new favorite eBay seller had a copy available, I set my sights on winning another record from him.
This is early 80's metal perfection. From the album cover featuring a group of reapers in front of a stack of Marshall amps, to the photo of the dudes decked out in leather and chains on the back, and then the metal assualt from the four songs on this EP...so good! Owning this record, and seeing how much I'm digging it right now, it just makes me want to rush out and buy more of this stuff.

No comments: