Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Krokus Dynamite

Back in 2019, I was neck deep in early 80's nostalgia and obsessing over those bands that first hooked me as a kid to that heavy rock and metal sound. One of those bands was Krokus, and while I hadn't listened to them over the past 30 years, in 2019 they hit me hard and I couldn't get enough of them. I downloaded their entire catalog from the 80's and was chasing down their records (note to self: I still need a copy of Metal Rendez-vous and Heart Attack), but I never bothered with the seven albums Krokus released after metal's golden years.
I don't get out to record store much anymore, but when I was flipping through the bins at one of the Bull Moose stores recently, I stumbled upon Dirty Dynamite from Krokus. The album was originally released back in 2013, but it was apparently reissued last year on colored vinyl. While I'd wanted to check out the more recent Krokus records at some point, I wasn't in any rush to get it done...however, seeing a copy of Dirty Dynamite in a local store just made me want to check it out sooner rather than later.
Goddamn. This is a solid record. The band sounds a good as they did back in the 80's and really deliver some fine AC/DC inspired songs. I know that the Music On Vinyl label has reissued the Hoodoo album from Krokus as well, and I'm going to have to check that out to see if that one is worth picking up as well because they did a nice job with this one.
The record is limited to 1,500 and numbered. Looks like my copy was double stamped, so I've got both 793 and 794.

No comments: