Friday, May 12, 2017

Shellfire

Warbringer released their first album back in 2008. At that time, the thrash revival was really starting to take off, with more and more bands trying to emulate those golden years of the mid to late 80's. I was loving it and chasing each new album that was released. For the most part, I was still buying CDs for most of my Metal purchases, but the tides were starting to turn in my buying habits, and I remember that debut Warbringer album as one of the first new Metal bands that I bought on vinyl.

In the middle of the thrash revival, I remember that Warbringer was one of the few bands that appeared to have the most promise. In 2017, they are now five albums deep, and can still thrash with the best of them. In fact, Shellfire may be the best thrash song you hear all year.

200 pressed on a shitty looking metallic gold colored vinyl.

No comments: