Thursday, May 04, 2017

Doing It For Dave

Years ago, a wise man once uttered the phrase, "If you don't ask, you don't get". That advice really stuck with me, and I've put it to use a few times since then.

A couple weeks back, I was posting a picture of my incomplete Search collection to Instagram, and figured that I'd throw it out there that I was looking for the Vision sleeve. I didn't really expect any hits on it, but much to my surprise someone generously offered me their copy. He wasn't looking to flip it and make some easy money...nope...just was just asking for cost plus shipping. I couldn't have been happier to take him up on the offer.

Sadly, Dave Franklin from Vision passed away earlier this year. I'd never met him, but through the outpouring of messages from people about this loss, you could tell that Dave was one of those guys that everyone liked, and he seemed to have left nothing but positivity in his wake.

In April, the Hardcore scene came together for a memorial show in remembrance of Dave's life. To commemorate the occasion, Search packaged their 7 inch with a special cover that pays tribute to the Undiscovered 7 inch that Vision released back in 1988.

The packaging on this record is very well done. Such a great tribute.

This special cover is limited to 100, so once again, I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to have this in my collection.

Now that I have the full collection, I can bring them all together for the family photo.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Man, that was some solid advice I gave out back then. Maybe I should start following it again myself? Haha!

Great score & collection shot too. Not too many people have acquired both those limited sleeves. Good work!

chris said...

Still Searching for the Vision cover. Glad you got one!!!