Monday, May 29, 2017

I Spy

I dig chasing new music, and while the level of my interest ebbs and flows, I generally enjoy keeping up on new bands. That said, the excitement of adding new releases to the collection, pales in comparison to crossing off a classic from the Want List. I get such a charge out of buying these old records, that at times it makes me wonder why I bother buying so many new releases.

When I first heard the No For An Answer album, it was when I bought it on cassette back in '90 or '91. I haven't listened to cassettes for over 20 years, and I've never owned A Thought Crusade on CD, so it blows my mind that it has taken me this long to finally own the album.

In this age of vinyl reissues, it is surprising that your only option for A Thought Crusade is to dig for an original Hawker pressing. Black vinyl only. I'm sure it is only a matter of time until this changes, and someone presses this on a few different colors for the nerds.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I think my copy is some lame Euro press which doesn't have any kind of insert of inner sleeve. Just the LP jacket and the record in a white paper inner. I've always wanted a US version but never got around to it.

Mike said...

I've delayed picking this up for so long because 1) there isn't a cool, limited colored vinyl press, and 2) it is readily available and relatively cheap, so I just kept saying, "I'll get it later".