Thursday, October 29, 2015

Night Creepin'

The hype around Uncle Acid hasn't seemed to die down over the past couple of years, and while I'd entertained purchasing one of the special pressings that Rise Above did for the new album, by the time I'd realized that they were for sale, they were all long gone.

To be honest, while I enjoyed the last Uncle Acid album, Mind Control, it didn't have a lot of staying power for me, and as we rolled out of 2013, I rarely reached for it again. Fully acknowledging this fact, I still rushed out to purchase The Night Creeper as soon as it was available at my local record store.

In the end, I think I enjoy the idea of Uncle Acid, more than the record itself. The look of this album is top notch, and fits the creepy vibe that Uncle Acid bring to the table, with songs that weave a story of drugs, sex and violence. The songs on the other hand kind, while decent, don't really excite me...with the exception of Melody Lane...that song rules.

Who knows, maybe with a few more listens, I'll warm up to this record...or maybe I'll just shelve it and listen to the 35 other new Metal records that I've purchased this year.

1,000 pressed on purple vinyl for the US.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

I feel exactly the same Mike