Thursday, October 15, 2015

Freak Valley Blues

Early this year, the Blues Pills released a live album, documenting their 2014 set at the Freak Valley festival.

Live albums tend to be a waste of space in my record collection. I'll listen to them once, and then shelve them to collect dust for an eternity. With that in mind, I promptly ignored the newest live disc from Blues Pills. Christ, they have only released one LP, and a handful of singles...what was the point of a live album at this point? Nope, not interested.

Then while I was bouncing around in the Nuclear Blast store last month, I happened across this line in the Blues Pills Live description, "The release is strictly limited and will not be reprinted – once it's gone, it's gone!". Oh fuck. Now I have to buy one.

In addition to the threat of the record never being repressed, I also have a huge crush on Elin Larsson, so I suppose it was inevitable that I'd pick up this record at some point.

Nice looking gatefold sleeve, and if you look close, you can see the drummer wearing a Have Heart shirt, which is pretty cool.

Side D of the two record set is etched with the Blues Pills logo, and was damn near impossible to photograph.

Limited to 300 on yellow colored vinyl.

No comments: