Monday, October 17, 2011

Straight And Alert

Edge Day 2011. Faces come and go, but at the end of the day I'm still standing here, unwavering from the set of beliefs that I discovered at the age of 19 or 20. Something that made so much sense to me...something that I felt so strong about...something that I carry it with me to this day. Straight Edge.

Thankfully there are still bands out there that represent the Edge with some integrity and pride. Alert, from Massachusetts, are one of those bands. Three years after releasing their demo, they finally follow it up with a release on Six Feet Under Records.

Find Your Way continues along the same path, giving us a healthy does of Uniform Choice influenced Straight Edge Hardcore. Bands like this keep the spirit and energy alive for Straight Edge. I can not praise this band enough.

150 pressed on "violet" colored vinyl.

When I first opened my Alert records from Six Feet Under, it looked as though I received two copies on black vinyl. After Keith from Alert told me that the pressing included some on clear dark purple , I pulled the vinyl out of my music room, and this time I held them up to the light. Phew, crisis averted...I did have all three different pressings.

317 on clear dark purple vinyl.

605 pressed on black.

If someone can hook me up with one of the Fest pressings, this will be complete.

No comments: