Friday, October 28, 2011

Ladies Man

I hate it when I can't remember what it was that made me finally check out a band that is typically off my radar. You know, those bands that, for whatever reason, don't immediately jump onto the list of bands that you need to check out. Years go by, and then something will trigger you to finally give them a listen. Could be that they have a new record coming out...or possibly they are on the bill of a show that you are going to see...maybe you've just been hit over the head with the band's name for so long that you finally give in.

So, I can't remember what pushed me to finally check out The Ladies. It very well could have been the two good reasons on the front cover.

This record is a ton of fun. I've heard that The Ladies draw comparisons to The Dwarves...I don't know, I've never really listened to The Dwarves...maybe it's just because both bands have boobs on their record covers. Either way, the six songs on this 7 inch rage. Punk with a super snotty attitude, and no worries about possibly offending someone. I need more of this band.

3 comments:

mcs said...

I have to say, that really is a great cover. Would possibly be improved by losing the dude on the right though. I don't like the way he seems to be looking at me whilst I am checking the boobs. It's like he is saying "i see you there checking those boobs". I feel I could do without that. I don't want to be seen looking. At least, not by a dude. Haha!

Mike said...

Wait...there is someone standing next to that girl? I hadn't noticed.

Mark-Sandwell said...

good band. they have four 7"s out and I have them all. It's a nice Dwarves/supersuckers vibe going on.