Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Show Some Love

Almost a full year after Youngblood first sold copies of the Sacred Love 12 inch at the 2010 Showcase, and we finally get the regular pressing of this record. Pre-orders went up in May, which was supposed to kick off a bunch of releases Youngblood had lined up for the summer. Here we are headed into Fall, and nothing else has gone up in the Youngblood store. If you can say one thing about Youngblood, you can say they are consistent...always releasing quality hardcore, but consistently later than they anticipate. No problem though, because Youngblood always come through.

One sided 12 inch vinyl, with a silky smooth back side. 201 pressed on red vinyl.

265 pressed on black vinyl.

Yeah, the 2011 Youngblood Showcase was last weekend. It was my second option for the annual roadtrip, but my brother was scheduled to work, so that squashed that plan.

While I was placing my Sacred Love pre-order, I took the opportunity to grab a couple of releases that I missed the first time around.

Touchdown were from 1988, but they are closer to Walk Proud than Bold or Gorilla Biscuits. Looks like 2003 rolled around and Youngblood and Malfunction decided that this needed a vinyl release. Notable for being the first Youngblood Vaults release.

Also released in 2003 is the Cleaver 7 inch from My Luck. I don't know much about this band, but they certainly remind me of the 2001/2002 Bridge Nine scene with bands like American Nightmare and The Distance. Abrasive hardcore.

Second pressing on red vinyl. 500 pressed.

2 comments:

matt said...

I've always been curious about why bands or labels decide to do a one sided 12" insted of a 7". Any thoughts or ideas on this?

jensen said...

Well, I have a couple one sided 12"s that have screensprints on the b-side. If a label/band does that, I think it makes sense to choose that format instead of a 7". Other than that, no idea.