Monday, October 31, 2011

The Newly Deceased

It is Halloween, which means it is the perfect time for another Metal post!

Three years ago, I had discovered Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, and was spending some time on their message board. I was pretty excited on Metal and the resurgence of Thrash at the time, and I was looking for some new bands. Some guys were talking about the Thrash revival and mentioned a band called Deceased that played the style better than any of these newer bands. Sounded like something I should check out, so I downloaded their As The Weird Travel On album from 2005. I liked what I heard, but I was pouring through so much new music at the time, that I really didn't spend much time with it.

I've recently been going through some of the old music that I downloaded at that time. Some of it I've trashed, but Deceased really stood out. They have a great modern Thrash sound, yet still are reminiscent of some late 80's bands like Death and Rigor Mortis. I started digging around to see what else I should download from the band and discovered that they had released a new album recently. I gave Surreal Overdose a spin, and was so impressed that I immediately started searching the internet to find out if this was released on vinyl.

I found that Hells Headbangers did a vinyl pressing for the newest LP. Limited to 111 on colored vinyl. Not wanting to miss out on the colored vinyl, I immediately placed an order.

I love the blood and gore touches the band did with this packaging. I always get a kick out of this stuff.

Another solid Metal release for 2011.

No comments: