Monday, October 25, 2010

You Had Your Chance

Tre from Deathwish Inc has been putting up a few records on eBay each week. I don't think there is one Deathwish release that I enjoy, but regardless of this, the man has been selling some great hardcore records to thin out his collection. He's been listing things alphabetically, and I've picked up a few things from him over the past couple of months. Lets start with the record that I won from the A's back at the beginning of September.


My first win from Tre was a test pressing of the You Had Your Chance 7 inch from The Answer. I don't own many test pressings, but when I get the chance to pick one up for cheap, I'm grateful. Considering that this was being sold from a well known name in the hardcore scene, and the 7 inch was released on Aram's pre-REACT! record label, Anchor, I expected the price for this test press to fall a little out of my price range. Seriously, $16 for a test press is more than a reasonable price for me.



I don't know much about the history of Anchor Records...why it faded away, or why Aram decided to start up REACT! instead of reviving Anchor years later...I really have no idea. I also don't know why this particular record was rejected as the test press. Judging from the matrix, it looks like there may have been an issue with the b side of the record, but when I play this rejected press next to the one that got released, I don't really notice any difference. I've never really had a good ear for this kind of thing, so maybe it was a different mix or something. Cool win, and I've got a couple other records from Tre that I'll be putting up in the coming weeks.

No comments: