Wednesday, December 02, 2009

United In Pain

This may be the most pictures that I've uploaded for a single post, but damn, I really wanted to try and capture how nice these records look. There was a bit of an uproar when B9 first put up the pre-orders for their reissue of the classic Agnostic Front records, Victim in Pain and United Blood. Prior to their release Chris Wrenn had commented on the Livewire messageboard that he was going to stay true to the original artwork for these. When the pre-orders went up, some hardcore purists were upset that the plan had changed and new designs for the cover were used. I'm not concerned that the covers differ from the original Rat Cage pressing, I just wish that the Victim in Pain LP didn't have the exact same design as the United Blood 7 inch.

Three colors that I don't know the pressing info for. The gold vinyl is sold out in the B9 store, so I'm guessing that is the limited color.

Cool gatefold cover, complete with the lyrics printed on the inside.

While the record cover has a new design, Bridge Nine included the original artwork on the dust sleeve. When I first bought Victim In Pain back in the late 80's, I got the Combat re-issue with the black cover (and on cassette too, I might add), and it wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered that the album was originally released on Rat Cage with the concentration camp photo.

Just like Victim in Pain, United Blood was also pressed on the gold, red and black vinyl. It also includes the original artwork on the dust sleeve, plus it has an insert.


And finally here is the the entire order. Nice job, Bridge Nine.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Man, these look good. I like what they have done here. I think it's cool that these have different covers to the original, but that they still include the original artwork. Wish I had ordered now... although i wouldn't have bothered with three copies of each record... although, having said that, the first pictures look cool. Nice work!

mindset said...

very good i have the original seven hear the alligators with roger and 3 guys of insted they have 2 seven on indecision find them on revelation store excuse me for my english i m french