Sunday, November 29, 2009

Flame Still Burns

When I started this blog almost four years ago, I would have never imagined that it would have lasted this long. At the time, I was starting to get completely obsessed with record collecting, and so I started this up to help occupy my time with my new found love. Much to my surprise this little record collecting blog has attracted a fair bit of attention (over 25,000 hits on my stat counter to date). Years have passed and I have seen some other bloggers come and go, new friends have been made, and lots of money has been spent on new vinyl. At times, I've updated this blog once a week, and other times I've had enough new records coming in that I've had to update it every other day just to keep up. 2009 has been a huge year for me in regards to new vinyl, as my post count has already stomped previous years into the ground. So here we are with my 300th post. So for those of you that stop by and join me in this obsession, thanks. This flame will keep on burning strong, and I will continue to sing this song.
For my landmark 300th post, I knew that it had to be for a classic record. I recently acquired Youth of Today's We're Not In This Alone, and I figured that it was perfect for this post. I've been looking to pick up this record for years, but have continually passed it by for something more limited. When a poster on the Livewire messageboard listed some items with a set price, I finally took the leap and bought a copy. One of the best hardcore albums EVER. I originally owned this on cassette, that I bought in Boston around 1990, and then finally picked it up on CD when Revelation remastered the Youth of Today stuff back in 1997. I've never really looked to be a Youth of Today completist, but it always feels good to add one of their records to my collection.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Great record.

Congrats on the 300th post, Mike. Keep up the good work!