Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Need To Keep Trying

I can't stay on track. I try to focus on collecting vinyl for one band, but a week later I've got my eye on something different. Commitment issues. I've been wanting to work on my Fastbreak collection for a while now, and back in July I finally picked up a black vinyl copy of the Don't Stop Trying 7 inch with the green lettering on the cover. I didn't give up on them after than and stuck with it, winning the gold vinyl pressing on eBay back in August. I love the colored vinyl on this pressing. I've read that this could be the second press and limited to 100. Sounds good to me, and seemed like a steal at $6.00. Seriously, I love Fastbreak...everything from the Youth Pride demo, up through the Whenever You're Ready LP on Revelation. The band was so good and was one of the few that managed to successfully transition from straight up Youth Crew hardcore to a more poppy/melodic style. Well it has been 3 months since I've bought this, and I have stopped looking for Fastbreak vinyl on eBay, so I guess that I've moved on to the next bright and shiny object that has caught my eye. I hope that I can get my focus back to this band soon because they deserve it.

1 comment:

Onno said...

Awesome band, hate myself for not listening to it more