Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's All Our Youngblood And REACT!

Seems like December was my month for REACT! Records, as I added a bunch of vinyl from the label to my collection. Before I get into it, I just want to mention that this is my last post for 2009, and note that this was a big year for the blog. Last year I had a total of 58 posts, and for 2009 I effectively doubled my postings with a total of 116. Right on.
Once again, REACT! teams up with another record label. This time around, Aram splits things with Youngblood Records for the vinyl release of of the Carry On compilation It's All Our Blood. Originally released on CD from Youngblood, this compiles all Carry On recordings outside of their A Life Less Plagued LP.

Each label had an exclusive pressing of colored vinyl. Red vinyl was limited to 250 pressed through REACT!. Another quality project from Aram, complete with a new screened mailer, plus special insert with an essay about responsibility, written by Spencer Gooch of Last Priest. Once again the REACT! crew show that this is more than music.

Youngblood released the white vinyl pressing for this...again limited to 250.

There were 1,000 pressed on black vinyl. I don't think that REACT! has ever pressed that much black vinyl for a release. This is truly a classic.


I love pictures of records.


When I placed my order with REACT! for the Carry On album, I also picked up the second pressing of the Mindset R E A L P O W E R 7 inch. Black vinyl with the red labels, and limited to 850. One more step closer to completing my Mindset collection.

3 comments:

mcs said...

Last post of 2009? There's another day left, what the hell are you doing throwing in the towel this early? :o)

I'm hoping you are going to do a "year in review" post like last year wth stats and stuff.

Good year though. 116 posts. Gave me some good competition!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you waste your money on in 2010. Keep it up!

Mike said...

Ha, I'm back to work tomorrow, and then New Years stuff tomorrow night...no time to update the blog. That's okay, I hit double digits for my December post count, so I've made my unofficial goal. :)

Kyle said...

Nice! I ordered the Carry On lp from React!. Still waiting for it though. Your mindset collection is shapeing up very nicely.