Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Die With Your Boots On

What I knew about Iron Boots would fit on the head of a pin. I knew they had a couple of songs on the Revelation comp a few years ago, and I knew that while Marcus wasn't really collecting them, he had still managed to acquire quite a few pressings of their records. I had downloaded the Iron Boots demo a couple years ago, but I had never managed to get around to listening to it. After seeing Marcus post another version of their demo on his record collecting blog back in September, I figured that it was time that I finally check them out. I listened to those demo songs, and I was blown away. Wow, I didn't know they were this good! While their style is a complete rip of Warzone, I don't really care...this shit is awesome.

I hopped on to eBay and happened to find the guy from Words of War Records selling a group of three Iron Boots records. I'm not sure why people sell groups of records. If you've got one of them, are you really going to bid on the whole set? Since I didn't have any, it looked like a good place to start.
Weight Of The World 7 inch on Boredom Kills Records. Black vinyl, and I believe this is limited to 900.

From what I've read, it sounds like the demo was pressed on vinyl from a couple different record labels. The two that I got are from Damaged Records. Unlike the other pressing that I received, this one has a bigger version of the record cover printed on the flipside of the lyric sheet.

Pressed on orange vinyl for pre-orders, and indicated as such by the cloud and rainbow stamp.

The second copy that I got was on green vinyl for Posi Numbers. The other side of this lyric sheet is blank.


Number 62 of 100 pressed.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Man, this post made me smile!

buzzkill.xvx said...

hey,
i got an iron boots - easy green 7" with a silk screened cover for trade. are you interested?
G.Ritz77@web.de