Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Paint It Blood

There is no doubt about it, Slayer rule my Metal world. I loved their last album, Christ Illusion, and I was eagerly anticipating the release of World Painted Blood. Several tracks were leaked online prior to the release date, but I avoided them. I wanted to experience the album as a whole, and not bits and pieces streamed through some shitty youtube video. The day that it was released, I rushed out to Newbury Comics and picked up the deluxe CD version of the album. It was a disappointing experience, in that the one that I bought had two copies of the bonus DVD and no CD. I returned it to find that every deluxe version that Newbury's had, contained two DVD's and no CD. Since I needed this album, I took an extra drive over to Bull Moose and finally bought a complete deluxe version from them. The first listen, I was a bit underwhelmed. It was good, but not the thrashfest that I was hoping for. By the second or third listen, it started to suck me in. Songs like Psychopathy Red, Unit 731, Hate Worldwide, Snuff, and the title track, are amazing. I can hear influences from Reign in Blood and Seasons in the Abyss throughout the album.
Last week, I finally had the cash to pick up the album on vinyl. Great looking packaging with the gatefold cover, and the slick looking record sleeve. One of the best Metal albums of 2009.

2 comments:

Onno said...

I personally think that although the colors for the artwork fit Slayer perfectly, it could have been a lot better. Bit too simple...

mindset said...

the best trash metal in the world man