Friday, August 24, 2018

Test Press-ageddon

After picking up a couple of records from the Metal section at the Armageddon Shop, I started flipping through the Hardcore/Punk section. Honestly, I didn't expect to find anything. My search can be pretty specific when I'm looking for Hardcore records, and I just expect that anything I want will have to be picked up online.

I never expected to find a test press while I was flipping through the bins, but when I came across one for the Robot Whales 12 inch, I was just glad that I spotted it before Marcus, and I quickly pulled it from the rack to claim for myself.

How the hell is this album 12 years old?!?! That can't be right. I feel like I've lost some years along the way, because it doesn't seem that long ago that I picked up the yellow vinyl version of this and was knocked on my ass with how great this record was. 12 fucking years doesn't seem possible...and these songs still sound just as urgent and vital.

Nice touch with the special cover for the test pressing.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I'm bummed I missed this... but happy you passed on the Forced Forward one.

chris said...

That is such an awesome find!