Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Armageddon's Vitus Victim

A couple of years ago, I caught Saint Vitus live for the first time. Have you ever had one of those experiences where you liked a band, but after watching them perform live, that you find yourself with a much deeper appreciation for what they can deliver? That was me with Saint Vitus. I always preferred the Scott Reagers line up for Vitus, but after watching the man front Vitus live...holy shit...I was in awe. Reagers was a man possessed, and you could tell he was loving it.

Since seeing the band live, I've had the thought of "I need more Saint Vitus vinyl in my collection", and seeing a copy of Hallow's Victim at the Armageddon Shop, I instantly added it to my growing pile of records to buy.

This album is an absolute beast, the the back to back attack of War Is Our Destiny and White Stallions...goddamn...for a "stoner/doom" band, those two tracks make me want to fucking move.

I'm pretty sure that this is a reissue, but I'm just glad to finally have a copy in the collection.

No comments: