Monday, May 30, 2016

Sword Songs

A couple years ago, Grand Magus released my favorite Metal album of 2014 with Triumph And Power. Needless to say, I was excited to hear they were releasing their follow up LP this year with Sword Songs.

Even with the preview track, Varangian, released back in March, it was kind of pointless, because I knew that this album was a blind buy for me. No need to waste time checking it out...I headed straight to Nuclear Blast to preorder the most limited vinyl option.

Metallic gold may be one of the worst looking vinyl colors. It always looks like shit. Still, since it was limited to 300, it meant that I had to buy it, and lie to myself that it was the best option for coordinating with the front cover artwork.

No matter the vinyl color, this record hits hard. Traditional Heavy Metal that Grand Magus does best. Another winner.

No comments: