Saturday, May 21, 2016

Playing Rough

Sometimes, new bands come along at just the right time. Lately, I've been obsessed with late 70's punk. It has been dominating my daily playlists, and I've been on the hunt, discovering some great albums from that time period that I'd never heard until now. I haven't been able to get enough of that classic punk sound, and I need more and more.

Then with the creep factor in full swing over on Facebook, I noticed a "sponsored" post on my timeline from Sorry State Records, advertising the new Rough Kids album. With a description mentioning the words "'77 Punk", I just had to check it out. A quick preview of the album from the bandcamp page, and I was hooked.

Man, this album checks all the right boxes...fast and infectious punk rock. Put me on the dance floor and let me bounce around like a nut. This fits in perfectly with everything that I've been listening to lately, and may currently be my favorite punk release from 2016.

1 comment:

chris said...

Listened to the a few times now and am convinced I need to pick this up soon.