Sunday, June 30, 2024

Dark Sky Freeway

I've been a big fan of Freeways since I first heard their demo back in 2017. At the time, I was just hoping that the band would continue releasing new material because they held such promise, and it would have been a tragedy to see them break up too soon. When I heard that they had their second album coming out this year, I could not have been more excited for it.
Freeways might be newer band out of Canada, but they nail that late 70's and New Wave Of British Heavy Metal rock vibe. With two 7 inches, and two albums under their belts, I don't know of anyone today that does it better. I just love the smooth hard rock sound of this band so much, and while I don't reach back to my 70's and hard rock collection very much right now, this second album from Freeways is getting plenty of attention.
Overseas shipping to make sure that I got my hands on the limited colored vinyl, but I love this band too much to care about insignificant things like money.
I'm not happy with this kind of gold vinyl, but the extras of the patch, sticker and postcard are a nice touch.
With each release, the band has had a limited patch included with their new record. I'll never do anything with these, but I'm excited to have all four of them.

No comments: