Monday, June 17, 2024

Spiritual React

Back in 2017, Spiritual Cramp released their first 7 inch through React Records, and I straight up did not like it. I probably listened to one of the songs for about 10 seconds before I wrote it off as crap. I'd followed just about every React release for years, buying multiple copies of each one... but leading up to the Spiritual Cramp record, the label had slipped a bit and a few of the releases hadn't been very exciting for me, and I didn't give SC much of a chance.
Here we are, seven years later and suddenly I'm giving Spiritual Cramp the chance they deserve, and of course I'm fucking loving them. What I didn't understand about their sound back in 2017, is very much what I'm looking for in 2024. However, record prices today are not cheap, and checking the string of 7 inches the band has released over the years... well, it feels like they are all priced too high on Discogs. While I did find this red vinyl for the Mass Hysteria 7 inch at a good price, trying to get the more limited clear vinyl isn't happening as quick as I'd like. Man, I hate having to wait for someone to list records at a decent price. I don't have patience for that game.
350 pressed on red.

No comments: