Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Burning Desire To Draw Last Breath

The Gulch album was one of my favorite records that I discovered last year. It is abrasive and chaotic, and not something that I would have ever thought that I'd be interested in from a "modern" hardcore band... but Impenetrable Cerebral Fortress fucking floored me. I picked up the vinyl for that album earlier this year, and it didn't take too long before I was on the hunt for more from the band.
Burning Desire To Draw Last Breath was the first Gulch 7 inch back in 2018... and it was only released on black vinyl, and limited to 250 copies. I assuming that the band blew up at that point, as any additional pressings of the EP were bundled with the songs from their demo, and was released as a 10 inch, before finally landing on this one-sided 12 inch record.
I never would have expected that this band would have hit me as hard as they have, and this 12 inch delivers the same kind of intensity that I loved from their album. So good.

I wasn't concerned which version I owned for this, and scooped this 2021 pressing of the 12 inch on the sea blue swirl color.

No comments: