Saturday, August 12, 2023

No Sense No Feeling

Admittedly, I was a bit slow when it came to High Vis. I was really digging the first few songs of their album last year, but overall, I was a bit underwhelmed with the record. It did grow on me though, and as we worked our way into 2023, I found that Blending was getting a lot of play time, and for a couple of months it was probably the record I was listening to more than anything else.
I still hadn't bothered to check out the first High Vis album, No Sense No Feeling, but when I heard that Six Feet Under (who knew this label was even still around) was reissuing it this year I quickly preordered a copy. Given how much Blending grew on me, I had high hopes for that first record. I assumed it had a stronger hardcore vibe than their second album, and I was excited to check it out. I think that those expectations keep tripping me up, because the first couple of spins of No Sense left me feeling a bit flat. Like Blending, think that I just need to spend more time with it, and I'm sure it will click with repeat listens.
109 pressed on orange / clear colored vinyl.
The first press on No Sense No Feeling from SFU came with a bonus flexi that the label threw together as a thank you to customers for their patience when the vinyl saw some production delays. Two live songs from a High Vis set back in 2021. Too bad this wasn't from their set at Outbreak fest last year, and included thier version of Dirty Money. What's up, dickheads?! That would have been very cool to have.

No comments: