Friday, August 18, 2023

Don't Fuck It Up

I've never been a big fan of the Side By Side compilation that Rev released back in 1997. The band is one of my favorites from that era, but that record is just too messy for me. Songs from the original 7 inch, compilations, the demo and live stuff... ugh, it's always been too much for me to sit down and listen to. When I listened to the Side By Side episode of the Where It Went podcast, I was surprised to hear Sammy talk about feeling the same way, and that he wanted Rev to reissue a cleaner version of the band's discography.
This year we saw that Side By Side reissue happen. Seven songs from the 7 inch, and the three songs that ended up on the Together and The Way It Is comps. Because I'm impossible to please, I do miss So Fucking Blind from this tracklist though. Since I already own a copy of the original 7 inch (3rd press), I really wasn't sure that I needed this 12 inch reissue, but in the end I figured that I'd better buy a copy now and not regret it later... although has there been a person in the history of record collecting that regretted not buying a reissue? Either way, I've got one.
The packaging on this looks fantastic with the original cover design, and I love the nice large insert. I'm not too excited about the vinyl color, but as a REVHQ exclusive limited to 450, that was the way that I went.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Don't have my copies yet but damn, this colour looks terrible. What were they thinking?