Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Haunting Flashback

No band is more productive than Haunt. Since releasing their debut EP back in 2017, the band has released a staggering amount of material. It is ridiculous how many records they have pumped out in such a short period of time. Haunt already released a new album, Mind Freeze, earlier this year, but hey, with touring bands trapped at home due to the pandemic, might was well write and record another one, right?
Flashback is Haunt's fourth album overall, and these eight songs give you exactly what you'd expect from the band. Solid traditional metal.
Haunt decided to stay away from streaming services like Spotify with this release, and are limiting it's release to only Bandcamp and physical formats. I get that Bandcamp is a more attractive option for bands, but I only use it to preview a record to see if I want to buy it...I'll never actively go to Bandcamp to listen to an album, so it looks like Flashback will only get playing time on my turntable...which means that I'll probably only give it the occassional spin.

200 pressed on blue vinyl.

I was recently talking with my friend Jeff, who had just discovered Haunt, and he was very excited about the band. That excitement was contagious as I then rushed out to buy another record from the band.
The man behind Haunt, Trevor William Church, was not happy with the recordings for their first full length album, Burst Into Flame. He recently spent some time cleaning up those songs, and decided to release them as this limited Burst Into Demos record. I'm not sure that I really needed this, but I loved the album art work, and after talking with Jeff, I couldn't resist adding another Haunt record to the collection. Only 250 pressed, and all on this red colored vinyl. There is supposed to be some gold splatter in the red vinyl, but thankfully my copy doesn't have much of it.

No comments: