Friday, November 06, 2020

Guilty Of Loving Japanese Singles

I was recently feeding my obsession for Japanese singles, and as I was loading up my cart from a US seller on Discogs, I noticed they had a record from Whitesnake available. Given how much I've been listening to the band this year, it was an obvious choice to add it to my order.
This single is for a couple of songs off of Whitesnake's Slide It In album. The a-side song is Give Me More Time, which kind of surprised me, as I figured the b-side of Guilty Of Love was the bigger hit. Either way, I love the look of that front cover.
To be honest, I'd never really paid much attention to the Slide It In album, as I usually focused more on the earlier, more bluesy years from the band. That changed over this past summer. I was doing a lot of running at the time, and putting up around 40 miles a week. I was in love with this eight mile loop that I'd just discovered, and as I headed out the door at 5:00 one morning, I queued up a couple of Whitesnake albums to listen to on my run...and the second one on deck was Slide It In. As soon as the first song, Gambler, kicked in, I instantly perked up. Whoa. I didn't remember this sounding so damn good...and that feeling stayed with me for the entire album. It has been a mistake for me to overlook this album for so long. So good.

No comments: